Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
- ½ cup angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2½ cups water
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1½ teaspoons Italian dressing mix, store bought, or homemade (see our recipe)
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli pieces (fresh can be used, just blanch and chop)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large oven-safe pot or skillet, over med-hi heat, add olive oil, and saute chicken until browned and cooked through, remove from pan, set aside.
- In same pan, over med-hi heat, melt 4 Tbsp. of butter, add angel hair pieces. Stir frequently, cook for about 3 minutes, or until all the pasta is golden brown. Add rice and seasonings, mix well.
- Add water and stock, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. (if after twenty minutes there is still some unabsorbed water, that is okay, it will absorb during baking.)
- Remove lid and quickly stir in cooked chicken pieces, and both cheeses and broccoli, reserving 2 Tbsp of the cheese for a topping after baking, if desired.
- Cover with lid, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove lid, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and serve.