Chicken Garlic Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2½ cups uncooked penne pasta
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1½ Tablespoons of olive oil and butter. Once butter has melted add chicken pieces, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the rest of the olive oil and onions and cook until translucent, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, uncooked pasta, crushed red pepper flakes and cooked chicken pieces. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in half & half and mozzarella cheese.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes for sauce to thicken.