Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mirepoix (just a simple mixture of chopped onions, celery, and carrots)
- 1-2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 1lb. packages mini potato gnocchi (about 4 cups – we use DeLallo brand)
- 6 slices bacon
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Place the chicken, mirepoix, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt, and broth in a crockpot or slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, and gnocchi. Stir and replace cover.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy. Drain on paper towels and wipe most of the bacon grease out of the pan, leaving just a little bit for the spinach/garlic. Add the garlic and saute for one minute. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Add any additional liquid as needed (I added about a cup of water) and season again with salt and pepper as needed.