Homemade Wheat Thin Crackers Recipe
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tbsp sugar or honey
- ½ tsp salt, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Add flour, sugar, salt and paprika to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- With a knife or fork, cut butter into flour mixture until the mixture has a crumb like consistency.
- Mix together the water and vanilla (and honey if you’re not using sugar) and pour into the flour mixture.
- Using your hands mix the water into the flour until a dough in formed.
- Split the dough in half and roll out each half on a floured piece of parchment paper. Roll out as thin and evenly as you can (about 1/16 inch).
- Use a pizza cutter and cut dough into desired shapes of your choosing. Lift up parchment paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes making sure to rotate the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking. Watch them closely because they burn quickly.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe makes about 60 crackers give or take.