Mexican Grilled Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 – 1.5lb / 500 – 750g chicken thigh fillets (Note 2)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tbsp chipotle or ancho chile powder (Note 3)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp smoked paprika powder (Note 4)
- ⅛ tsp All Spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional – for spiciness)
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Tortillas or taco shells
- Pico de Gallo (tomato salsa)
- Sour cream
- Fresh coriander / cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Place Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag. Add chicken, massage to coat then refrigerate to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove chicken from Marinade, discard Marinade.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat (or even better, do this on the BBQ on medium high). Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side, until dark golden brown.
- Remove chicken onto plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 3 minutes.
- Cut into strips and use for tacos. (See Note 5 for more serving options)