Parmesan Shortbread Biscuits Recipe
- 4 oz / 100g / 1 stick salted butter, chopped (Note 1)
- 3.5 oz / 100g parmesan cheese, grated (Note 2)
- ¾ cup plain flour
For rosemary flavoured biscuits
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, roughly chopped (or 2½ tsp dried rosemary)
Two Ways To Make The Dough
- Process the butter, flour and parmesan in a food processor until a wet crumbly dough; OR
- Place the flour and butter into a bowl and use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour until a crumble dough forms. Then add the parmesan cheese and use your fingers to rub it into the mixture.
- If you are making rosemary biscuits, add the rosemary at the same time as the parmesan cheese.
Make the biscuits
- Lightly flour a surface and turn the dough out onto it. Knead to bring together, then shape into two logs with a diameter of around 3 cm / 1.2″ and about 15cm/6″ in length.
- Wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. (Note 2)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350F. Line 1 large baking tray or 2 ordinary baking trays with baking paper (parchment paper).
- Remove the log from the fridge and use a sharp knife to cut the log into 7mm/ ⅓” thick rounds.
- Place the biscuits onto the baking tray at least 2cm / 1″ apart.
- Bake biscuits for 12 minutes or until light golden.
- Stand on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.