Classic Lemon Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, diced
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 medium sized lemons)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, powdered sugar, and diced butter until crumbly.
- Press dough crust into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and orange juice. Whisk together until well blended.
- Pour the lemon filling over hot crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow lemon bars to cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Then cover and chill in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours or overnight.
- Cut lemon bars into squares and dust tops with powdered sugar.